Flower Head Piece

May 17, 2016  •  Leave a Comment

Izobel all wrapped up to keep warm while we heated the studio up.(C)KarenSquires/Mori MacDuff Studio

Izobel all wrapped up while we set up the strobes.

Izobel and I wanted to make a flower head piece. We'd seen some on Pinterest. We went to Michael's with the dress we wanted to match the flowers to and found some pretty ones. Next was finding wire -easy- Michael's had that too. The type of wire we got is for making flower displays with. It's black, a bit thinner than your cell charging cord, and quite bendable.

We went home and started pulling the heads off the flowers. Once that was done we cut a piece of wire the size of her head and used hot glue to hold the ends together in an oval shape. We then started hot gluing the flowers on the wire. It took about three hours but it really wasn't complicated. The natural fluidity of the flowers allowed us to pretty much glue them on and they looked good.

Mistake- The flowers took up a lot of room on the wire and it was too small when completed. I had to cut the wire open at the back and add another 2.5" piece- just used hot glue again to attach them together. Then we added more flowers to fill it up.

It's pretty sturdy and I bet it lasts for a long time if put away when not in use.

(C)KarenSquires

Thanks for stopping by!

Karen


Comments

No comments posted.
Loading...
Subscribe
RSS
Archive
January February (6) March (2) April (5) May (3) June (3) July (2) August September October November December
January February March (1) April (2) May (10) June (6) July (1) August September October November (3) December (10)
January (1) February March (3) April (2) May (1) June July August September October November December
January February March April May June July August September October November December
January February March April May June July August September October November December